Robbinsville, NJ, November 1, 2012
– DCAT is pleased to announce that the slate of candidates for the 2012-2013 Board of Directors was approved by member company designated contacts. Tyson Popp
, vice president, global sourcing & Americas supply chain, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. will serve as president, taking office on November 1, along with the other elected board members.
Former DCAT President Joan Connolly
, principal, Connovan Consulting will join the Executive Committee’s Advisory Council.
Former DCAT Vice President-Chemical Segment Folker Ruchatz
(vice president, global business management custom synthesis, BASF) will serve as vice president of the Executive Committee.
Joining the Executive Committee are Milton Boyer
, president, OSO BioPharmaceuticals Manufacturing, LLC, as vice president-contract formulation, fill, finish, and contract packaging, Anu Hans
, group CPO & vice president pharmaceuticals, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., as vice president-pharmaceutical industry segment, and Paolo Magri
, vice president, corporate business development, Infa Inc., as vice president-chemical segment, and Bruce Smith
, associate director, strategic sourcing & procurement, Human Genome Sciences, Inc..
Completing their two-year-term on the Executive Committee are Dave Cady
, director, global strategic sourcing, Amgen Inc., Ron Perry
, vice president, global procurement & operations-manufacturing, Pfizer, Inc., and Pam Tyler
, senior purchasing manager, DPT Laboratories, Ltd.
Completing their three-year-term on the Board of Directors are Stephen DeSalvo
, director, contract manufacturing, USA, F.I.S.-Fabbrica Italiana Sintetici S.p.A., Sally Langa
, vice president, sales and marketing, Halo Pharmaceutical, Christopher Rayfield
, vice president, sales and marketing, ACIC Fine Chemicals, Inc., and Kevin Weithman
, business development manager, The Dow Chemical Company.
Completing his term on the DCAT Advisory Council is James K. Martin
, vice president, procurement global consumer healthcare and NA pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline PLC. Mr. Martin served as the association's president in 2008-2009.
Also joining the board for three year terms are Michael Humora
, principal investigator, Biogen Idec, Stephan Kutzer
, president & COO, custom manufacturing, Lonza Inc., Ron Perry
, vice president, global procurement & operations-manufacturing, Pfizer, Inc., Malcolm Rosenthal
, executive vice president, global business development, Parabolic Drugs, Ltd., Kristine Senft
, senior vice president, sales and marketing, DSM pharma chemicals, DSM Pharmaceutical Products, Dawn Von Rohr
, vice president, general manager, global API division, Mallinckrodt API Division.
In addition, Jeffrey Bauer
, president, ChemWerth, Inc. has been appointed to the board, filling an unexpired term ending October 31, 2014.
Below is the full slate of the newly elected Board of Directors:
Officers of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors (1 Year Term):
Vice Presidents of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors (1 Year Term):
- President: Tyson Popp, Vice President, Global Sourcing & Americas Supply Chain, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
- Senior Vice President: Lyra Myers, Associate Director, Value Creation Agent, Genentech
- Finance Officer: George Svokos, Sr. Vice President, Product & Portfolio Management, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
- Vice President: Folker Ruchatz, Vice President, Global Business Management Custom Synthesis, BASF
Board of Directors (3 Year Term):
- Biotechnology Industry Segment Vice President: Bruce Smith, Associate Director, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, Human Genome Sciences, Inc.
- Chemical Industry Segment Vice President: Paolo Magri, Vice President, Corporate Business Development, Infa, Inc.
- Contract Formulation/Fill/Finish & Contract Packaging Industry Segment Vice President: Milton Boyer, President, OSO BioPharmaceuticals Manufacturing, LLC
- Pharmaceutical Industry Segment Vice President: Anu Hans, Group CPO & Vice President, Pharmaceuticals, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pharmaceutical Services Industry Segment Vice President: Rosina Vega, Co-Owner/Director, GreenField Chemical, Inc.
- Michael Humora, Principal Investigator, Biogen Idec
- Stephan Kutzer, Ph.D., President & Chief Operating Officer, Custom Manufacturing, Lonza, Inc.
- Ron Perry, Vice President, Global Procurement & Operations-Manufacturing, Pfizer, Inc.
- Malcolm Rosenthal, Executive Vice President, Global Business Development, Parabolic Drugs, Ltd.
- Kristine Senft, Sr. Vice President, Sales & Marketing, DSM Pharma Chemicals, DSM Pharmaceutical Products
- Dawn Von Rohr, Vice President, General Manager, Global API Division, Mallinckrodt API Division
Founded in 1890, the Drug, Chemical and Associated Technology Association (DCAT) is the premier business development association whose membership is comprised of companies that manufacture, distribute or provide services to the pharmaceutical, chemical and related industries. With over 350 corporate members, DCAT is headquartered in Robbinsville, New Jersey.
DCAT Communications Coordinator